Floristry is the skilled art and ability of decoration and trade of flowers. A florist is someone who grows, arranges, and sells flowers and ornamental plants. Now an online florist is someone who performs all these activities but trades them online. It is conducted through websitesthatallow consumers to browse online catalogues of sunflower bouquet, choose the desired product and pay accordingly.Whether or not love, happiness, love, appreciation, compassion, love or apology; giving a flower conveys deep feelings in an exceedingly} very stunning way.
People have started substituting hugs and gifts with flowers. Over the last decade, the flower business has bloomed, especially during the pandemic. Demand for floral delivery spiked at the beginning of the pandemic and has been swift since then. Flower delivery includes various services, such as:
- Flowers by post – This service collects the desired flowers, fresh from the farmhouse or the warehouse, assembles them, and then ships them directly to the recipient.
- Relay florist – The service helps a person to place an order for the product directly on the website but the transaction takes place between them and the organization and not with the local florist. The order and payment are relayed to the local florist in the
- Order broker – An order broker is a third-party agent who assembles the flowers and displays the arrangements/ product images and then transfers them to assigned local florists.
Just like a local florist, an online florist hasvarious functions/responsibilities to fulfill. Some of them are:
- Selecting the most suitable flowers for seasonal and customized arrangements
- Satisfying the needs and wants of customers by creating desired floral arrangements
- Regularly updating the status of orders and deliveries
- Communicating and resolving the complaints and issues of customers and suppliers
- Keeping the website up to date with clear policies and conditions
- Acquiring the knowledge of the latest trends and current events
In order to carry out these functions, it is important that the florist be creative and attentive with good organizational, time management, and communication skills.
There is no doubt that floristry is on the up and rising and seen as a plausible occupation by many. If the floral industry keeps on flourishing and thriving and if the technology keeps on expanding, there is no doubt that online florists would proliferate in the future.